A black, gaping hole in the flesh that resembles the brand of an Undead.
The darkness of humanity seeps from this bottomless pitch-black hole, the gap filled by the accumulation of the curse.
This Dark Sigil will never heal, but there is a tale told of a Fire Keeper who returned from the Abyss, and brought great comfort to a bearer of the curse.
- Visible under "key items" in your inventory screen.
- Enables a level of Hollowing when you die. Hollowing is increased by the number of Dark Sigils you have, each death.
- It can be healed by giving a Fire Keeper Soul to the Fire Keeper, then exchanging souls to remove the curse.
- The cost of healing the Dark Sigil is equal to the cost to gain a number of levels equal to the amount of Dark Sigils in your possession. (including the incrementally higher cost of the higher levels).
- When the Dark Sigil is healed, all Dark Sigils are removed from your inventory, and your Character will no longer gain more Hollowing on death. As of a recent patch, this also cures your current level of Hollowing.
- Once removed, your Dark Sigil will be removed and your character will no longer be affected by Hollowing.
- If you heal the Dark Sigil before getting 5 free levels from Yoel of Londor, he will no longer offer to "draw out your true strength."
- When the Dark Sigil is healed the levels with not be removed (needs further confirming) (confirmed, stat bonuses remained the same)
- Upon healing the Dark Sigil, Yuria of Londor will refuse to talk to you further (including purchasing items). Upon reloading Firelink Shrine, she will be gone. (not sure what else this changes, this occurred after healing the Dark Sigil immediately after killing Crystal Sage)