Avaricious creature that mimics treasure chests. The very form of this creature is thought to be a form of brand, a punishment for sin.
- Found in High Wall of Lothric.
- Found in Cathedral of the Deep.
- Found in Catacombs of Carthus.
- Found in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Found in Irithyll Dungeon.
- Found in Profaned Capital.
- Found in Lothric Castle.
High Wall of Lothric:
- Deep Battle Axe, between the first and second bonfire, inside the tower upon which the Lothric Wyvern perches.
Cathedral of the Deep:
- Deep Braille Divine Tome, in the lowest floor of the cathedral, in a room before the one that leads to the Deep Accursed.
Catacombs of Carthus:
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley:
- Dark Clutch Ring, in front of the chest with the Old Cell Key.
- Dragonslayer Lightning Arrow, in a side room in the yard with the Hound-rats.
- Estus Shard, before the large hall with Peasant Hollows.
- Titanite Scale, in the main corridor with the patrolling Jailers.
- Court Sorcerer's Staff, inside the room with only one Monstrosity of Sin.
- Greatshield of Glory, past the boss room entrance, behind the several Jailer Handmaids.
- Rusted Gold Coin, past the boss room entrance, behind the several Jailer Handmaids.
- Sunlight Straight Sword, near the Braille Divine Tome of Lothric, in a room below the leftmost [[[Lothric Wyvern]] which can only be accessed from above.
- Titanite Scale, in the room before the lever that raises the main gate.
All Mimics have a chance to drop Symbol of Avarice.
- A Mimic will have one moveset depending on it's location. They are:
Most will use the standing moveset, whereas only a few will use the crawling and chest movesets.
- Video showing their locations.
- Using an Undead Hunter Charm will allow you to loot from it's mouth like a regular chest. When the effect expires, the Mimic goes back to sleep with a big yawn.
- Attacking a mimic from a distance while under the effect of Hidden Body will prevent them from waking up and attacking.
- Identifying the Mimic: a real chest's chain is in a U-shape, pointing away from the player, while the mimic's chain points towards the player and the chest looks like it's breathing.
Chest vs. Mimic chest