A thief from the High Wall of Lothric, willing to work for you after fufilling his request.
Initially found locked in a cell right below the Tower on the Wall bonfire in High Wall of Lothric. The key to free him can be found in a room with exploding barrels and several Large Hollow Soldiers and Starved Hounds. It is located below the roof where you fought the Pus of Man.
- Asks the player to hand over the Blue Tearstone Ring to a woman named Loretta, then relocates to Firelink. You can find the corpse of Loretta (and an item named Loretta´s Bone) hanging from a balcony in Undead Settlement where several hollows worship a tree. Upon handing over the bone to him, you complete his quest. Completing the quest rewards the Curl Up Gesture, and as reward you can keep the ring and use him as a merchant from now on.
- Some of his items are cheaper than those sold by the Shrine Handmaid. For example, Repair Powder and Firebomb at 300 and 50 souls respectively each compared to Shrine Handmaid who sell them at 600 and 100 souls each respectively.
- You can send him on three scavenging runs, which update his stock.
- Note: There are four versions of Greirat's ashes. One from before he has gone on any scavenging runs, and one for after he returns (or dies during) each run. Depending on when Greirat dies, the Shrine Handmaid will offer different stock if you give her his ashes.
- First run He will return after defeating any boss.
- Second run He will ask if he should scavenge in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. If you have saved Siegward of Catarina from the well in the Cathedral of the Deep by giving him back his armour, he will save Greirat, who will return to Firelink Shrine after killing any one boss. For this to work, Siegward must be in the kitchen above the sewer in Irithyll (you can exhaust Siegward's dialogue here - he will not disappear from the kitchen after reloading the area). Should you enter Irithyll Dungeon after sending Greirat to scavenge, and before defeating a boss, Siegward will move from the kitchen area to his next location in the dungeon, and can no longer save Greirat. If you do not free Siegward, or he has moved on to Irithyll Dungeon, Greirat will perish and his ashes can be found in the sewers near the manor.
- Alternatively, if Siegward is stuck in the Cathedral of the Deep well next to the Cleansing Chapel bonfire, you can actually get Unbreakable Patches to save him instead. First of all, do not buy any piece of Siegward's armor off of Patches. Play the game up to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, and send Greirat to pillage. Leave the Shrine then return, so that Greirat is gone from the area. Then, you have to talk to Patches and let him know where Greirat went. Again, leave the Shrine then return, so that Patches is gone as well. You have to talk to Patches before entering Irithyll Dungeon because Patches will no longer ask about Greirat once you get there. After this, defeat any boss and return to Firelink Shrine, and both of them will reappear.
- Third run He will ask if he should scavenge in Lothric Castle. He will always die during the expedition if you agree to send him. His ashes can be recovered from the roof of Lothric Castle outside the Grand Archives. Giving these ashes to the Shrine Handmaid will unlock several items in her inventory, including additional Embers (6), additional Alluring Skulls (6), Rime-Blue Moss Clumps (Unlimited), Lightning Urns (Unlimited), Splintering Bolts (Unlimited), and Exploding Bolts (Unlimited).
- If you send Greirat to pillage after you have defeated all of the bosses in the game, he will disappear for good.
Voiced by: Stephane Cornicard.