Weapons, shields and spell tools can be enhanced through infusion, which adds elemental damage and/or modifies the stat scaling.
List of Coals
Before Blacksmith Andre will perform certain infusions, he must be given the correct coal to work with. There are four types of coal you need to unlock all infusions:
||Used to infuse with Heavy Gems, Sharp Gems and Poison Gems.||Found on the Road of Sacrifices. Keep to right from the Halfway Fortress bonfire to reach the passage, containing a Black Knight.
Can also be accessed from the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire in Farron Keep.
||Used to infuse with Crystal Gems, Blessed Gems and Deep Gems.||Found in Farron Keep. From the Farron Keep bonfire, keep to the left until you reach the tower guarded by a Darkwraith. The coal is found within the tower.|
||Used to infuse with Dark Gems, Blood Gems and Hollow Gems.||Found in Irithyll Dungeon. Found in the cell containing multiple Wretches in the lower cell block.|
||Used to infuse with Lightning Gems, Simple Gems and Chaos Gems.||Found in Anor Londo on the corpse of the Giant Blacksmith.|
List of Gems
Each gem has a different effect upon the weapon being infused, as follows:
- Fire Gem
- Crystal Gem
- Blessed Gem
- Deep Gem
- Hollow Gem
- Refined Gem
- Heavy Gem
- Raw Gem
- Sharp Gem
- Poison Gem
- Blood Gem
- Chaos Gem
- Lightning Gem
- Dark Gem
- Simple Gem
A gem of infused titanite.
Found in rare cases inside demons.
Fire weapons inflict fire damage, but lose scaling effects.
Infuses a weapon with Fire damage, but removes all scaling.
- Can be chosen as a Burial Gift at the start of the game
- Dropped from Peasant Hollows and the Demon in Undead Settlement.
- Dropped from a Crystal Lizard in Catacombs of Carthus, behind the Skeleton Swordsman overlooking the bridge that leads to High Lord Wolnir.
- Dropped from Smouldering Conjurator Ghrus, Smouldering Mad Ghrus and Smouldering Rotten Flesh in Smouldering Lake.
- Fire can serve as a good way to stagger and stun certain weaker enemies.
The following categories cannot be infused:
- Pyromancy Flames
- Any weapon with the Unique or Boss reinforcement path
Buffs and Infusion
The following infusions work with buffs:
The following infusions do NOT work with buffs: