The tiers used for deciding who you can summon and invade are constrained by both Soul Level and weapon reinforcement level in Dark Souls III. As your Soul Level increases and your weaponry grows stronger, you will move up the tiers, restricting you to your current tier.
The flow regarding online multiplayer matching is as follows:
- Players who do not match regulation versions are disregarded
- Players who can only connect on certain network types (especially NAT3) are disregarded(*1)
- With the host as a basis, players with characters who are outside a certain level range are disregarded.
- Players in a different region are disregarded(*2)
- With the host as a basis, players who have their strongest maximum upgraded weapon surpass a certain range are disregarded.
- Only during password matchmaking can players match ignoring both character level and weapon upgrade level as long as they have matching passwords.
(*1) If your network type is currently NAT3 (strict), you may be able to open internet browsers but chat functions and online game connections can be limited so we recommend checking the notes below.
- Have a global IP address outside of NAT.
- Enabled UPnP settings.
- If UPnP is disabled, unlocking the port is necessary.
Even if your NAT type is 1(open) or 2(moderate), there are times when it will be difficult to connect with other players.
(*2) Going to system > network settings > cross region matching and setting it to Matchmaking ON can enable matching with players from another region.
During co-op play, matching will be easier the closer one is to the hosts' level. During PvP/Invasion play, either the Invader and the host will be around the same level, or the invader will get matched to a higher level host.
- Via Sign Summoning: A(Summoners level) Max: A + 10 + (A x 0.1) Min: A - 10 - (A x 0.1)
- Way of the Blue: B(WoB hosts level) Max: B + 10 + (B x 0.1) Min: B - 10 - (B x 0.1)
- Invading as dark spirit: C(Invaders level) Max: C +20 + (C x0.1) Min: C -(C x0.1)
- As a Moundmaker: D(Invaders level) Max: D +20 + (D x 0.15) Min: D - (D x 0.1)
- As a covenant invader: E(Invaders level) Max: E +(E x 0.1) such as Farran/Aldritch Min: E - 20 - (E x0.2)
As for the matching ranges, deciding based on the situation from here on out, we are planning to make some adjustments.
Players who are widely separated in terms of their highest upgraded weapon level do not get matched with each other. Only in password matchmaking do these terms not take effect.
Now, regardless of whether or not the weapon is in your inventory or how many of said weapon you currently bring, the highest level you ever upgraded a certain weapon until now will become the basis for this system to take place.
As of regulation 1.06 the adjustments are as follows, host and guest compared both ways:
|Lower weapon||Higher weapon|
When you use password matching to summon/invade sombody, tier restrictions are not enforced. However the higher leveled player will be scaled down to the lower leveled player's strength.
By default, the maximum number of players in your world is four, including yourself. If you use the Dried Finger, this is increased to six.
Lord of Cinder
Summoners must be in Lord of Cinder mode to be able to summon other players.