Lord of Hollows Questline / Anri's Quest
The Lord of Hollows quest is quite complex and requires a few obscure interactions with several NPCs.
The tomb Anri leaves to Horace in Smouldering Lake
Anri, dead in Gwyn's Tomb: result of not killing the Pilgrim Assassin
Anri, hollowed, standing in front of Horace's grave in Smouldering Lake
- If you have failed to either save them from Horace or the assassin in the church, a dead pilgrim can be found just outside where Gwyndolin's fog door used to be in Dark Souls 1, and only Anri's lifeless body will be waiting in the Darkmoon Tomb. If this occurs, you will have to attempt this ending in NG+.
- If you come back to Darkmoon Tomb after refreshing the area with a bonfire, you will find the pilgrim dead and can pillage the Chameleon sorcery from his body. You can also loot Anri's Straight Sword from the altar. Upon refreshing the area again, Anri's body will be gone.
- During the Usurpation of the Fire ending, Anri can be seen on the right among the rest of the hollows. If bought the Elite Knight Set from the Shrine Handmaid, Anri will be naked for she/he has nothing to wear, otherwise he/she will be wearing the Elite Knight set.
- To obtain the Usurpation of Fire (Lord of Hollows) ending, DO NOT summon the Firekeeper after the final fight. Light the bonfire alone. Even if you have completed Anri/Yuria's questlines to this point and are holding the eight Dark Sigils you will revert to the End of Fire cutscene regardless of your choice to either betray or allow the Firekeeper to live.
Siegward of Catarina
Always exhaust the dialogue of Siegward to ensure he moves onto each stage of his storyline!
- Speak to him in the Undead Settlement, he will be coming up on the elevator in the tower that has the arrow shoting Giant atop.
- Speak to him again outside of the tower, he will be sitting on ledge, you can jump down onto from the elevator, overlooking a Demon. Drop down and defeat the Demon to receive his praise and admiration. He will give you a Siegbrau and teach you the Toast and the Sleep Gestures.
- After you open the great doors to the courtyard of the Cathedral of the Deep, he will appear in a well just outside of the Cleansing Chapel. Exhaust his dialogue.
- Next, you can either:
- Purchase the Tower Key in Firelink Shrine and head to the top of the tower in the shrine. You will be trapped by Unbreakable Patches. Escape and speak to Patches and purchase the Catarina Set;
- Alternatively, on the second floor of the Cathedral of the Deep, not very far from the door leading to the courtyard, you can meet Patches pretending as Siegward. He encourages you to walk through a narrow walkway. If you do, a cutscene will play, in which Patches lowers the walkway and reveals himself. Next you will find him on the gallery near the Rosaria's Bed Chamber bonfire. Forgive him, and he will become a merchant here, selling the Catarina Set. Note that if you purchase the Tower Key after forgiving him here, he will still move to Firelink Shrine and trap you in the tower
- Another option is to kill Patches while he is pretending to be Siegward and BEFORE he springs his trap on the walkway. Also, you can then cross the walkway without needed to reach the rafters. This will preclude Patches becoming a merchant, but he will drop the Catarina Set on death.
- Give the armor to Siegward in the well. He will teach you the Rejoice gesture.
- Head to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, progress through a small sewer near to the lake next to the Distant Manor bonfire. He will be found resting near a fireplace. He will teach you the Toast and the Sleep Gestures here if you didn't learn them earlier, as well as the Emit Force miracle.
- Progress into Irithyll Dungeon, heading through a pit full of rats and a sleeping Giant. In the pit you will find a dungeon cell window, through which you can talk to Siegward (optional)
- To free Siegward, retrieve the Old Cell Key and head to the Profaned Capital bonfire and reach the roof of the blue-peaked house found within a cave. Head towards the stairs to an open window in the wall. Jump off the roof through the window and continue forward to reach Siegward's cell. Free him to receive a Titanite Slab.
- Now, if you fight Yhorm the Giant, Siegward will enter alongside you with his very own Storm Ruler, making the fight much easier. Once Yhorm has been defeated, Siegward will leave behind 1,000 souls, his Catarina Set, Pierce Shield, and Storm Ruler.
- A recurring character from Dark Souls 1, Siegmeyer of Catarina, a knight who is always found "in a pickle" multiple times throughout the game and rewards the player for helping them. They share a face, voice, armour, equipment, country of origin, personality and a similarity in name.
- Proceeding into Irithyll Dungeon without meeting Siegward by the fireplace will place him in the cell and Titanite Slab will still be awarded after he is freed, but he will not appear in the fight against Yhorm the Giant. It seems to be a bug and Siegward has to be killed if you desire his armor.
Greirat of the Undead Settlement
A thief from the High Wall of Lothric, who will scavenge for you and update his stock… should you see to his safety.
Initially found locked in a cell right below the Tower on the Wall bonfire in the High Wall of Lothric. The key to free him can be found in a room with exploding barrels and several Large Hollow Soldiers and Starved Hounds. It is located below the roof where you fought the Pus of Man.
Upon being freed, he asks the player to hand over the Blue Tearstone Ring to a woman named Loretta, then relocates to the Firelink Shrine. You can find the corpse of Loretta (and an item named Loretta´s Bone) hanging from a balcony in Undead Settlement where several hollows worship a tree. Upon handing over the bone to him, you complete his quest. As reward you can keep the ring and use him as a merchant from now on.
After this, you can send him on three scavenging runs, which update his stock.
He will return after defeating any boss.
He will ask if he should scavenge in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- If you have saved Siegward of Catarina from the well in the Cathedral of the Deep by giving him back his armor, he will save Greirat, who will return to Firelink Shrine after killing any one boss. If you do not free Siegward, Greirat will perish and his ashes can be found in the sewers near the manor.
- Alternative way: If Siegward is stuck in the Cathedral of the Deep well next to the Cleansing Chapel bonfire, you can actually get Unbreakable Patches to save him instead. Do not buy Siegward of Catarina's armor off of Patches . Play the game up to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, send Greirat to pillage and tell Unbreakable Patches where Greirat went. Don't forget to reload Firelink Shrine once more after informing Unbreakable Patches. Only once he is actually gone from Firelink Shrine will the game consider him to be "Saving Greirat". Defeat Pontiff Sulyvahn and return to Firelink Shrine.
He will ask if he should scavenge Lothric Castle. There is no way of saving him if you do. If you do send him, you can find his body on the roof of the Grand Archives, together with Greirat's Ashes. Giving this to the Shrine Handmaid allows her to sell Greirat of the Undead Settlement's items, at his reduced price.
Always exhaust the dialogues to ensure the storyline continues.
- Talk to Ringfinger Leonhard right before killing Vordt of the Boreal Valley.
- Talk to Ringfinger Leonhard after gaining a Pale Tongue to receive Lift Chamber Key.
- Kill the Darkwraith in the High Wall of Lothric (use key below the Tower on the Wall bonfire).
- Talk to Ringfinger Leonhard after killing the Darkwraith at High Wall of Lothric.
- Join the Rosaria's Fingers covenant and give at least one Pale Tongue to Rosaria.
- Talk to Ringfinger Leonhard at the Rosaria's Bed Chamber bonfire in the Cathedral of the Deep.
- Reach the Profaned Capital bonfire.
- Defeat Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.
- Return to the Rosaria's Bed Chamber bonfire and get the Black Eye Orb from Rosaria's body.
- Go up the elevator at Aldrich, Devourer of Gods and through the doors.
- Use the Black Eye Orb and to invade Leonhard's world and kill him.
Sirris of the Sunless Realms
A former servant of Divinity from the Sunless Realms on a quest to fulfill a promise to her grandad.
Warning: Equipping the Rosaria's Fingers covenant item or giving either Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth or the altar after the Curse-rotted Greatwood boss any Vertebra Shackles will exclude you from this questline, as Sirris will refuse to talk to you anymore.
(You may "ask to join the covenant" and receive the Rosaria's Fingers covenant item without jeopardizing the questline, but actually equipping the item may end it. You can fully compete her questline and then follow the one for Ringfinger Leonhard if you so desire This should allow you to access Creighton the Wanderer and the Silvercat Ring/Mail Breaker, but the second summon sign for Sirris may not appear, however )
Always exhaust the dialogues to ensure the storyline continues.
- Light the Halfway Fortress bonfire on the Road of Sacrifices.
- Speak with Sirris in Firelink Shrine.
- Obtain the Dreamchaser's Ashes in Farron's Keep near the Old Wolf Of Farron behind an illusory wall, and turn the ashes in to the Shrine Handmaid.
- Speak with Sirris once more in Firelink Shrine, she will offer her co-operation and give you the Darkmoon gesture.
- After resting at the Central Irithyll bonfire, return to the bridge where you just fought Sulyvahn's Beast and find a summon sign for Sirris. You will be summoned into her world to help her kill Creighton. After killing him, continue through Irythill and after the Church of Yorshka bonfire. Creighton will invade your world as a dark spirit. Kill him and you will receive Dragonslayer's Axe, and you can find his armor, Mirrah Chain Set, back on the bridge near where Sirris's summon sign was located
- Speak to Sirris again at Firelink Shrine and she will gift you the Silvercat Ring and a blessed Mail Breaker.
- After killing Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, teleport to the Cliff Underside bonfire in the Undead Settlement, and head to the boss room of the Curse-rotted Greatwood. You will find another summon sign in the antechamber above the chasm which, when used, will again summon you into Sirris's world (In order for this sign to appear you must have killed Curse-rotted Greatwood and have turned in the Transposing Kiln to Ludleth of Courland). Help Sirris kill Holy Knight Hodrick, and when you return to your world you can find Hodrick's Sunset Set in the Pit of Hollows bonfire area, and his Sunset Shield at a grave outside Firelink Shrine, near the hollow looking towards the sunset on the edge of the cliff.
- Speak to Sirris again at Firelink Shrine and she will swear fealty to you. You can now summon her for various bosses, but it is not required to do so in order to continue her questline.
- After killing The Twin Princes, you can find Sirris dead outside Firelink Shrine with her Sunless Talisman, on the grave where you found Hodrick's Sunset Shield earlier. You can now purchase her Sunless Set from the Shrine Handmaid.
- At this point you can safely continue Ringfinger Leonhard's questline.
Hawkwood the Deserter
Always exhaust the dialogue of Hawkwood to ensure he moves onto each stage of his storyline.
- Speak to Hawkwood at Firelink Shrine. Speak to him as you continue through the game to receive the Collapse gesture and the Farron Ring.
- He will disappear after killing the Abyss Watchers.
- After visiting Archdragon Peak, speak to Blacksmith Andre who tells you to collect 3 Dragon Stones (Dragon Torso Stone, Dragon Head Stone and Twinkling Dragon Torso Stone).
- Once you have collected the Dragon Stones, head to the Abyss Watchers bonfire in Farron Keep. He will fight you there. If you die to Hawkwood, you will lose the Dragon Stones.
- Defeating Hawkwood will grant you the Twinkling Dragon Head Stone.
Irina of Carim
Always exhaust the dialogue of Irina to ensure she moves onto each stage of her storyline
- Find the Mortician's Ashes near to the arrow-laden area in the Undead Settlement. Give them to the Shrine Handmaid to unlock the Grave Key. Buy it for 1,500 souls.
- Open the door near to the Cliff Underside bonfire in the Undead Settlement to rescue Irina. She will move to Firelink Shrine.
- Bring her the two of the braille tomes. They are:
- Depending on what miracles you buy, you will get either a Holy or Dark ending:
- Holy: Give her the Braille Divine Tome of Carim and Braille Divine Tome of Lothric then buy all the associated Light miracles of them and all her default miracles. Do not buy any dark miracles. (If you gave her a dark tome but do not purchase any of the dark miracles, she will leave the those tomes eventually for you to pick up again, you can then give them to Karla to learn from). She will appear in the Fire Keeper tower, where she will allow you to level up for souls just like the Fire Keeper. Eygon of Carim will be available to summon for the Dragonslayer Armour boss, but summoning him is optional. The Shrine Handmaid will sell Eygon's armor after the Dragonslayer Armour is defeated, and his weapons can be found in Irina's cell in the Undead Settlement. If you gave her the Londor Braille Divine Tome or Deep Braille Divine Tome but didn't buy the miracles they will appear on the ground next to her. You can force these on Karla to buy the dark miracles
- Dark: Give her the Londor Braille Divine Tome or Deep Braille Divine Tome, and buy the dark miracles associated with them. She will move to the Iudex Gundyr bonfire. You will need to fight Eygon of Carim to return her to Firelink Shrine. Afterwards she will be absorbed by the darkness and upon purchasing and equipping Eygon's gloves, she will beleive you are him and beg you to kill her