An old hag who lives in Firelink Shrine.
Sells various items. Her stock can be upgraded in exchange for Umbral Ash found throughout the game world.
- It is highly recommended for new characters to purchase the White Sign Soapstone and the Torch on their first visit.
- The Shrine Handmaid is almost identical to the four Fire Keepers in Dark Souls 2, found in Things Betwixt. Her robes have the same style and design, but her dialogue is much less sarcastic and cynical than the Dark Souls 2 Fire Keepers. In addition, she is never referred to as a Fire Keeper in Dark Souls 3.
- If killed in Firelink Shrine, she will respawn when the player next travels to Firelink Shrine and the prices of the items she sells will be increased
- If killed in Untended Graves, she will not respawn
- If the player first talks to her in the Untended Graves and then in Firelink Shrine, she has unique greeting dialogue
Voiced by: Carolyn Pickles.