A knight of Catarina on a quest to quell an old friend.
Found initially in the Undead Settlement.
Always exhaust the dialogue of Siegward to ensure he moves onto each stage of his story line
1. Speak to him in the Undead Settlement, he will be coming up on the elevator in the tower that has the arrow shooting Giant atop.
2. Speak to him again outside of the tower, he will be sitting on ledge, you can jump down onto from the elevator, overlooking a Demon. Drop down and defeat the Demon to receive his praise and admiration. He will give you a Siegbrau and teach you the Toast and the Sleep Gestures.
3. After you open the great doors to the courtyard of the Cathedral of the Deep, he will appear in a well just outside of the Cleansing Chapel. Exhaust his dialogue. NOTE: you can not talk to him until you open the main doors to the Cathedral, which is the last shortcut for this zone.
4. Next, you can either:
- Purchase the Tower Key in Firelink Shrine and head to the top of the tower in the shrine. You will be trapped by Unbreakable Patches. Escape and speak to Patches and purchase the Catarina Set; NOTE: You must defeat the Deacon Boss before you can purchase the set.
- Alternatively, on the second floor of the Cathedral of the Deep, not very far from the door leading to the courtyard, you can meet Patches pretending as Siegward. He encourages you to walk through a narrow walkway. If you do, a cutscene will play, in which Patches lowers the walkway and reveals himself. Next you will find him on the gallery near the Rosaria's Fingers covenant bonfire. Forgive him, and he will become a merchant here, selling the Catarina Set.
Note that if you purchase the Tower Key after forgiving him here, he will still move to Firelink Shrine and trap you in the tower
5. Give the armor to Siegward in the well. He will teach you the Rejoice gesture.
6. Head to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, progress through a small sewer near to the lake next to the Distant Manor bonfire. He will be found resting near a fireplace. He will teach you the Toast and the Sleep Gestures here if you didn't learn them earlier, as well as the Emit Force miracle.
7. Progress into Irithyll Dungeon, heading through a pit full of rats and a sleeping Giant. In the pit you will find a dungeon cell window, through which you can talk to Siegward (optional)
8. To free Siegward, you first need to retrieve the Old Cell Key. From the Profaned Capital bonfire, head to the nearby building. Proceed through the building, cross the toxic swamp, then climb to the roof of the building ahead. On the roof is a hostile sorcerer wielding a Gargoyle Flame Hammer. From his initial spot, look to the wall on the opposite side of the staircase. There is an opening in the wall which you can jump through from the roof. Proceed to find Siegward's cell. Free him to receive a Titanite Slab.
9. Now, if you fight Yhorm the Giant, Siegward will enter alongside you with his very own Storm Ruler, making the fight much easier. Once Yhorm has been defeated, Siegward will leave behind his Catarina Set, Pierce Shield, and Storm Ruler.
- A recurring character from Dark Souls 1, Siegmeyer of Catarina, a knight who is always found "in a pickle" multiple times throughout the game and rewards the player for helping them. They share a face, voice, armour, equipment, country of origin, personality and a similarity in name.
- Proceeding into Irithyll Dungeon without meeting Siegward by the fireplace will place him in the cell and Titanite Slab will still be awarded after he is freed, but he will not appear in the fight against Yhorm the Giant. It seems to be a bug and Siegward has to be killed if you desire his armor.
- If you kill Yhorm the Giant before freeing Siegward, he will only drop his Storm Ruler near the bonfire.
Voiced by: Miles Richardson
Siegward's face under his helm