A crafty fellow with a compulsion for trickery.
A merchant after moving to Firelink Shrine.
Always exhaust the dialogue of Patches to ensure he moves onto each stage of his storyline.
- You first meet Patches in the Cathedral of the Deep, where he is disguised as Siegward of Catarina. He will trick you into crossing the bridge which he then lowers into the Giant's pit. If you meet him on the otherside of the bridge (through the route to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth) he will apologize for tricking you and teach you the Prostration gesture. Should you reach the rafters high up inside the Cathedral before meeting Patches, he will move to Firelink Shrine right away.
- You next meet him at Firelink Shrine by the gate that leads out of the tower containing the Fire Keeper Soul. He will lock the door behind you. You need to either Darksign or Homeward Bone out. You can also head down the tower by falling onto the protruding coffins. This can occur without having met him in the Cathedral of the Deep.
- Returning to Firelink Shrine, he will act as a merchant, apologizing again for tricking you. If you cannot find him in the previous two locations, he will be here. Talking to him will let you either forgive him or not. Don't forgive him to get a Rusted Gold Coin and to learn the Prostration gesture if it wasn't learned before.
- If you miss both of the first two encounters, Patches will still show up as a merchant in Firelink Shrine after you beat the Abyss Watchers.
- After Greirat of the Undead Settlement leaves on his second scavenger outing, Patches will stop selling you items and demand to know where Greirat has gone; telling Patches where Greirat went will trigger Patches leaving temporarily while he attempts to save (not kill) him. Patches can save Greirat from his first two expiditions but if you send Greirat to Lothric Castle, Patches will leave attempting to save him but fail.
- Unbreakable Patches bears a very close resemblance to Patches the Hyena from Demon's Souls and Trusty Patches from Dark Souls 1. As with his two predecessors, Patches attempts to trick the player into traps that are intended to kill them.
- His dialogue changes depending on the player's gender and whether the player's class is Cleric or not.
- If the first time you talk to Patches in Firelink Shrine is after you have sent Greirat to on his second expedition, he will not mention knowing Greirat, and will not ask where he's gone.
|Red Bug Pellet||∞||1,000||-|
|Rope Black Firebomb||∞||300||-|
|Human Pine Resin||∞||1,500||-|
|Black Leather Armor||∞||2,500||-|
|Black Leather Gloves||∞||2,000||-|
|Black Leather Boots||∞||2,000||-|
Voiced by: William Vanderpuye
"Trusty" Patches in Dark Souls 1
Patches the Hyena in Demons Souls