Location by Spell Tool Category
- Dropped by a Mimic in the Profaned Capital. To find the mimic, start from the Profaned Capital bonfire. Drop down to the lower part of the tower, and exit through the hole in the wall. Continue past the gargoyle and through the passageways into the toxic swamp. Once in the swamp, head to the ladder on the side of the chapel. Ascend and continue foward until you reach a hole that enters the chapel. Enter to find a Monstrosity of Sin and the Mimic behind the central pillar.
- Found on a corpse on the Road of Sacrifices. From the Crucifixion Woods bonfire, head into a hole in the wall of the ruins, towards the Crystal Sage. Upon entering the first room, you will find the staff on a corpse to the right, under the second floor. This room is before the bridge above the swamp on the way to the boss.
Treasure in the Demon Ruins area of Smouldering Lake.
From the Demon Ruins bonfire, proceed through the ruins to the hallway with several Demon Clerics in. Pass through and to the right into the passageway with a rat. Take the right and continue forward, hitting the wall in front of you to reveal another passageway.
Proceed forward and drop down into the area with the giant rat. Turn to the right and attack to reveal another illusory wall, attack again to reveal a third illusory wall and a ledge. Drop down on to the ledge to find the staff.
Located behind an illusory wall next to the giant rat, on a ledge above a group of basilisks.
Found in The Dreg Heap: from the Dreg Heap bonfire, proceed through the level, falling into the church from above.
Once in the church, continue through and out past the Angel attacking you. Enter the chapel with the Overgrown Lothric Knights, exit on the opposite side and head to the right. Continue up the steps into the building and run to the back to find the weapon on a corpse, surrounded by many Murkmen.
Found in The Ringed City: on a corpse by the ruined spire on the right-hand side of the swamp area by the Ringed City Streets bonfire.
- Starting catalyst for the Sorcerer and Assassin classes.
- Sold by the Shrine Handmaid for 500 souls.
- Dropped from Sage's Devouts in Road of Sacrifices.
- Dropped from Corvian Storytellers.
- Found behind a locked gate in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. To unlock the gate, you must destroy an illusory railing nearby.
- Obtained at the end of Sirris of the Sunless Realms's questline. It can be found at the grave in Firelink Shrine where you can also find the Sunset Shield.
- Dropped by Sirris of the Sunless Realms if you kill her.
- Found in the swamp near to Farron Keep, next to a pot of Estus Soup.
- Found on a corpse at the back of a lava pit, behind an illusionary wall in Smouldering Lake.
Here is how I was able to get it:
- Use fire protection gear such as conjurator-set or pyromancer-set armor set and the flame-stoneplate-ring.
- Kill all of the smouldering-rotten-flesh in the area. They will disrupt you otherwise.
- Use an Ember for increased HP
- Cast flash-sweat
- Optional: Cast bountiful-sunlight
Now you are as ready as you're going to be. Run towards the item and take a drink of estus approximately every three steps. Your first strides can be longer, but once you pause to drink, you will need to be disciplined and count your steps. Once you've collected the item, you need not bother attempting to return to safety.
- Found in the Grand Archives. Found in the first section of the archives, guarded by a red-eyed Lothric Knight.
- Sold by Greirat of the Undead Settlement for 4,000 Souls after he returns from his first scavenging run.
- Found on a corpse near to the Cathedral of the Deep shortcut that contains the crawling maggots.
- Dropped by Company Captain Yorshka
- On a body at Priscilla's tower. This area is accessible through an illusory wall in the large room filled with Giant Flies under the Chapel, after the Snowy Mountain Pass.
- Hit the illusory wall, make your way outside then drop down the roots. The item is at the bottom.